Masthead


Thursday, June 16, 2005

Kiss me and pistol-whip me:

Mr. & Mrs. Smith
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
Originally uploaded by _crankymonkey.

Met Ray at Oscar's last night. We had planned on watching the Mr. and Mrs. Smith movie last night since watching it during the weekends seemed futile, what with the cluastrophobia inspiring crowd. We has some drinks, played pool and ate dinner killing a good two and a half hours before the showing. When we finally sat down I turned to him with an assignment, always consumed with the need of finding ways to make our relationship better. I said, "While you're watching the movie I need you to find 5 things in it that you can relate to you and me."

"Are you serious?" he asked with a forced smile. And it began...

After the movie he knew exactly what I meant. Despite the fact that Mr. and Mrs. Smith are both highly skilled assasins, and Oh! they're both dead sexy, the highs and lows of the movie are peppered with normal relationship issues. They bicker and make up seamlessly as they lock and load. It's your everyday power struggle to the extreme.

Of course, Ray and I found our five things and some. But that's for us to discuss and ponder. I challenge everyone else to go and relate themselves. Leave me a comment on one of them = how it relates to your relationship, how it was resolved in the movie or how you feel it could have been resolved.




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home